Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sacking Out Starbuck

The other day I didn't have a lot of time and was feeling pretty under the weather, but I wanted to work at least a little with her so I found a plastic bag and decided to try sacking her out to get her more used to strange new noises and sights.  So she would see the plastic bag as more of a toy and less of a threat, I tied it to the wheelbarrow which she LOVES to play with while I muck out her paddock and she started mouthing it right away.  Then I tied it on my dressage whip and let her get close to it, then would try to rub her neck with it and when she would shy away I would back off and wait for her to come up to it again.  I did this for about 15 minutes the first day before I had to go, then tried again today and spent about 15 more minutes until she let me touch her neck with it, the rest is what ensues in the video!

No comments: