Monday, November 28, 2011

Today

Today was pretty rainy so all I did was just go to the stableyard at lunchtime and hang out in Starbuck's new house for a little while.  I think it's so so so important to spend "non-productive" time where you just rub or scratch your horse, take her out to graze or maybe just kind of spend time near each other; in the end it actually ends up being very productive since when you come to her paddock she doesn't automatically associate it with working.  I checked her back and legs to make sure she wasn't sore or had any hotspots after yesterday's ride, took her over to Coco's paddock for some playtime while I topped off her bed with fresh hay and finally just sat on my trunk chilling out with her.  

What a great way to disconnect from the office!

No comments: