Saturday, November 19, 2011

Roundpen!

Today I got the stable owner Marina's permission to use a circular space in the stableyard, so I bought some fiberglass poles and my friend Virginia donated her electric tape and we made a roundpen!  It's about 40 feet across and I think it should hold up pretty well, the great thing is that we can always take it down and use the poles and tape to make something else.  I tried a little work with Starbuck but didn't have much time and was pretty tired after putting it up so mostly she just grazed (right now there are some plants underfoot but I doubt they'll last long).

Tonight I'm planning to read up on roundpenning techniques and tomorrow if it doesn't rain too much we'll do a full session, I'll be sure to take note of how we do.  Here are some photos:




No comments: