After we got back to the stable I took Starbuck out to do a little longeing and get her a little more used to the bridle-- I used the rope halter for so long that she actually responds better to the halter than to the bridle. So we worked on longeing and then on lateral flexion, just giving to light pressure on the bit to the right and left. We also did a little porcupine game to practice moving first her hindquarters and then her shoulders away and finally we even achieved a few sidepasses by combining the two cues... fantastic! All in all it's been a really positive weekend... just what I needed after a couple of weeks of what seemed like a frustrating lack of results.
I actually have read many many times that often horses will get worse shortly before getting better, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised... also last week was heat week so it was normal for her to be a little PMSsy. Anyway, here's a video of us working today (thanks Carolina!!!), enjoy!