Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Saddle!

This morning the swelling in my knee had gone down and I could bend it without much pain so I decided to head out to the barn.  Since I have a horseback ride along the beach in Cala Ratjada planned with some friends this weekend I didn't want to risk hurting my knee again, I decided to do something a little more low-key than usual.  I've noticed that Starbuck tends to balk at the corner where she first sees the arena and tying posts, so we just practiced coming and going past that point over and over again, stopping every now and then to graze as a little reward.  In the end she wasn't balking at all, but I'm interested to see if it's enough to keep her from doing it in the future.

I also got out the new saddle and took a photo of Starbuck modeling it; I think it looks pretty good!  It'll look even better once I've finished cleaning it and greasing all the leather parts, I can't wait to use it to ride Starbuck :-D

No comments: