Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I love thee...

How do I love thee today, Starbuck...
Let me count the ways:

  1. You came to me when I called your name and stuck your nose right into the halter.
  2. You didn't balk at the turn towards the arena.
  3. You lifted all four feet easily and didn't try to snatch them back from me while I picked them out.
  4. You stood quietly like a big girl while I was tacking you up and didn't fuss about the cinch.
  5. You paid attention to me while longeing and listened to all my cues.
  6. You stood ground tied for a whole minute while I walked around you and hung out at the end of the line.
  7. You were nice and relaxed while I mounted you and moved forward eagerly at the walk and trot while I was on your back, even though it was difficult for you to balance carrying so much weight.
  8. You make me so unbelievably proud of you every single day we spend together and constantly show me how my capacity for trust and love just gets deeper and deeper.
Thank you Starbuck for a wonderful day!!!

No comments: