Saturday, March 17, 2012

Photo Shoot

Thanks to my husband the fabulous photographer who came with me to the stable today, we have yet more fabulous pictures!  Today Starbuck and I did about 45 minutes of groundwork and then I rode her for maybe 20 minutes in the roundpen since there were a bunch of beginners in the big arena, working a lot more on her trot today and on her keeping a steady walk.  She's really doing very well and I think we'll try a little canter any day now...

I'm superbusy with a side project (www.puntoecuestre.com) which I'll write more about at some point but is currently hogging my blog time... Anyhow in the meanwhile I hope you enjoy the photos!

This is her putting her own halter on by the way...













4 comments:

A Work In Progress said...

Beautiful pictures! Starbuck is lovely, and the two of you make an excellent pair.

It cracks me up that she puts her own halter on. Now. there's a horse who's excited for her work! Good job!

Starbuck's Human said...

Thanks Shannon! Looks like you've had a hectic week, good for you for keeping your perspective through all that craziness :)

The halter thing is something which I enjoy doing, some days it takes a couple of minutes before she gets around to it, but that in itself tells me something important about her state of mind before we even start training.

Take care and thanks for reading!

Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl said...

Your horse is super cute! Looks like her training is going well!

Starbuck's Human said...

Thanks Ashley, it's taking a while but I'm loving every second of the way! Enjoy the NC springtime, I sure miss the daffodils and crocuses this time of year... :)