Monday, April 16, 2012

Appaloosa

When I was a kid I always wanted an Appaloosa.  Now I can't for the life of me fathom why.  I know that I had read as a child that they were difficult to handle and were prone to having scrawny manes and tails, but I still wanted one more than any other type of horse.  Either an Appaloosa or a bay Arabian.  Goes to show how much things change - these days I can't imagine a horse I would want LESS than an Appaloosa or a bay anything, much less a crazy Arabian.  I think as a youngster the idea of conquering a horse noone else could handle was irresistable to me.

Anyhow last week after brushing Starbuck out really well and seeing her in full sun, I noticed that her winter fur and her summer fur are two completely different colours, giving her a kind of mottled look, not unlike a very strange, black Appaloosa.  So here are the photos of my Appaloosa - Thoroughbred - Zweibrucken filly!
Last week:



This week:



No comments: